Governor Charlie Baker has issued an emergency order requiring all businesses and organizations that do not provide “COVID-19 Essential Services” to close their physical workplaces and facilities to workers, customers and the public as of Tuesday, March 24th at noon until Tuesday, April 7th at noon. The Governor’s list of essential services includes: “Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)”
As a result of this order, Laplante Construction will close our office to the public effective Tuesday, March 24. Further, we will complete only essential, in-process, residential projects that are critical to the safety, health and well-being of our client homeowners. This will include in-process insurance and emergency repair-related projects that must be completed in order to get our clients safely back in to their homes.
We will not start any new construction projects until Tuesday, April 7 or at such time that the Governor issues a new directive.
For those essential, in-process, residential client projects that must continue, the Laplante Construction team members will closely follow our health and safety protocols which we review and update according to the CDC guidelines.
All of our team members have been educated on the CDC’s guidelines for proper hygiene and have been instructed to stay home if they, or family members, experience any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We would ask that you let your project manager know if you or your family members are feeling ill, as well. We must do our part to reduce the spread of this virus.
Our safe hygiene procedures include:
- All employees must wash their hands routinely with soap and water for 20 seconds, and ALWAYS immediately after they enter client’s home
- Using hand sanitizer routinely in situations where hand washing is not available
- Following CDC policy for employees who show symptoms to stay home or seek medical care until they are free of fever, or any other symptom, for at least 24 hours without the use of symptom-altering medication
- No direct personal contact
- Limiting the number of construction workers on the job site
- Social distancing of 6 ft apart from clients and each other
We will continue to monitor the situation from trusted sources on a daily basis and keep you updated should any of our policies or procedures change.
The health and well-being of our clients, their families, and our employees is our top priority at Laplante Construction, especially during this time.
Stay safe and be well,
Bill Laplante, President